Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » To quit from the form with items having Primary Key (Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 Forms 6i)
To quit from the form with items having Primary Key [message #472492] Sat, 21 August 2010 02:45 Go to next message
raja_beginner
I have build a form based on a table with 2 columns,one of which is
primary key.

I have created a Button with name "Quit".For that i used when-button-pressed trigger with built in "exit_form".

But when I run the form,with out any execution of query or any action if I press "Quit" button,it is not working

The error message is "FRM-40202 : Field must be entered"

Then I used a trigger to the item with primary key.

when-new-item-instance:

set_item_instance_property('CUTOMER.CUSTID',CURRENT_RECORD,REQUIRED,PROPERTY_FALSE);

While using this,the error is "unable to resolve reference to item customer.custid"

Cutomer is block name & custid is textitem with primary key.
The canvas used is Tab canvas with 3 tab pages with master detail relation b/w thwm.

The primary key is required compulsory at the time on inserting.

Help me in succeeding this.
Re: To quit from the form with items having Primary Key [message #473000 is a reply to message #472492] Wed, 25 August 2010 06:01 Go to previous message
tamzidulamin
Change your Item focus from CUSTOMER.CUSTID as well as the QUIT button put into different datablock.
Or,
Change the properties of CUSTOMER.CUSTID item of REQUIRED to FALSE(Manually,NOT set_item_property).
Previous Topic: record dont show as user entered in form.
Next Topic: Where clause for the block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:44:39 CDT 2024