Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Passing parameter with form link (forms 10g)
Passing parameter with form link [message #488115] Wed, 05 January 2011 00:46 Go to next message
abdulahads

can we pass parameter in a link. i.e when we open a new form clicking on the link, some values to be passed to the form so that new form get populated with that value.

Thanks in advance
Re: Passing parameter with form link [message #488125 is a reply to message #488115] Wed, 05 January 2011 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Parameters and global variables can be used to transfer value between two forms. I prefer parameters.

How exactly do you "open a new form"? What is behind that statement? CALL_FORM (or any other built-in)? If so, the above statement says what you should research. If not, what then?
Re: Passing parameter with form link [message #488126 is a reply to message #488125] Wed, 05 January 2011 03:14 Go to previous message
abdulahads

I am sending a link in the email internally in my organization, reveiver will just click the link in the mail and the form mentioned in link will be open.

When the form is open I want to populate the data in the form when it get open with respect to some values which I want to pass through Link.
Previous Topic: No. of records displayed in list item is more than 1
Next Topic: Error appears in form builder 11g and Weblogic server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:53:41 CDT 2024