Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » OracleOraHome81Agent fails to start.
OracleOraHome81Agent fails to start. [message #50343] Tue, 12 March 2002 04:16 Go to next message
Paul Coletti
Ora 8.1.7 on NT. New install. Worked well but I added a secondary IP address to my NT box. Need this - cannot take it away. Did a reboot and now I get this error in my NT event log :

The OracleOraHome81Agent service hung on starting.

It does not seem to be a problem though.
Re: OracleOraHome81Agent fails to start. [message #51117 is a reply to message #50343] Mon, 29 April 2002 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pat Moyles
Paul,
I've got the same problem on a new install ver. 8.1.7 on NT. I'm not sure what caused it. Did you get any information or find a solution?.
Re: OracleOraHome81Agent fails to start. [message #51119 is a reply to message #50343] Mon, 29 April 2002 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Coletti
Eventually I had to revert back to my single ip address on my NT server. Ora 8i does not like a change in ip config once it has been installed.
Re: OracleOraHome81Agent fails to start. [message #52493 is a reply to message #50343] Thu, 25 July 2002 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Kwan
I ran into the same problem when installing 8i on 2 NT 4.0 workstations. Before I installed 8i, the NT workstations already have 2 NIC installed. One NIC is connected to a LAN and the other is not connected to anything yet. I guessed 8i doesn't like systems that have 2 NIC installed, especially one of them is not active. Just my own experience and my 2 cents input. Take care.

PSK
Re: OracleOraHome81Agent fails to start. [message #54306 is a reply to message #50343] Sun, 10 November 2002 19:20 Go to previous message
Sam
I have the same problem about these. I try to install Ora 8i on WinNT 4 with Service pack 6 2 machine one has this proble but another one has not. The machine that has the problem has some error between installation about mfc42.dll that I ignore for this case and continue installation and reboot after installation finished. After machine reboot a few minute, it show error message on screen about service fail and I see in event log of WinNT, it show error "The OracleOraHome81Agent service hung on starting.". I don't change anything about IP Address but this machine install Service Pack 6 and Security pack of WinNT. I try to connect Oracle Database and use it, it is normal.
Who does know about function of OracleOraHome81Agent service and source of problem for error in event log ?
Previous Topic: can oracle8.16 client run on a standalone PC?
Next Topic: Re: Total Columns Allowed in Table Definition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:42:13 CDT 2024