Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » SQLPLUS login problems
SQLPLUS login problems [message #52716] Thu, 08 August 2002 00:24 Go to next message
B Chong
I've installed Oracle9i Enterprise Edition on a Mandrake linux 8.2 computer and when I login with SQLPLUS I get the following error messages:

ORA-01034 Oracle not available
ORA-27101 Shared memory realm doesn't exist
Linux error2 no such file/directory

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? My environment variables and kernel parameters are correct and the database is running. What puzzles me is that my loging to SQLPLUS (using scott/tiger) worked the first time after installation. I don't understand why it isn't working now. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
Re: SQLPLUS login problems [message #52720 is a reply to message #52716] Thu, 08 August 2002 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
make sure you are logging in as Oracle user in OS.
or create a user with privs to access oracle and sqlplus
Re: SQLPLUS login problems [message #52726 is a reply to message #52716] Thu, 08 August 2002 05:50 Go to previous message
B Chong
Hi thanks for your reply. I always log in as Oracle when I want to use it. You suggested creating a user with oracle and sqlplus privileges - could you explain how to do that? I thought the Universal Installer does it for you when it prompts for the OSDBA and SYSOPER names (Bear with me - this user and groups thing is confusing for me :)

Thanks
Previous Topic: Urgent!!!!!!!!!!! Call sql file in job
Next Topic: OracleDriver Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:37:54 CDT 2024