Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » REMOTE MANAGEMENT TOOLS INSTALLATION
REMOTE MANAGEMENT TOOLS INSTALLATION [message #53445] Fri, 20 September 2002 00:18 Go to next message
jayharper
I need to remotely administer an Oracle 8i database. I have attempted to install the full 8i suite on my local NT box but have not had much luck. I got around the P4/8i bug but don't understand this "management server" layer that it requires. I cannot find any help on this subject. I have a few questions:

1) What tools are needed to install for remote management of an Oracle 8i database?

2) Can the 9i tools be used to administer an 8i database?

3) Before installing, what info do I need about my environment?

Thanks!
Re: REMOTE MANAGEMENT TOOLS INSTALLATION [message #53450 is a reply to message #53445] Fri, 20 September 2002 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
you can use Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) or any database tool(dbArtisan, DBAstudio etc) or even you can just telnet(command line) to the remote server!.
If you use GUI tools like above, all u need is tnsnames.ora entry in your local machine.
The database server should be configured with an external IP.
or u can also set OEMWebstage( or OEM website)
where you can login to a http:://yourmachine:port/oemwebstage.html to administer the database from anywhere.
Using OEM we do administer the databases, that are spread across Amercia,Asia and Europe.
Re: REMOTE MANAGEMENT TOOLS INSTALLATION [message #53453 is a reply to message #53445] Fri, 20 September 2002 11:45 Go to previous message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
As far as the problem of ORACLE Installation on p4 is concerned, Put the Dump of cd in u r HDD. Later, rename the SYMCJIT.ora/Symcjit.dll files to Symcjit.OLD and then start the Installation from your HDD. it will be done..

Sai sreenivas jeedigunta
Previous Topic: Create DB Instance
Next Topic: URGENT PLEASE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:59:17 CDT 2024