Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Database creation : Creating exact copy of database
Database creation : Creating exact copy of database [message #53462] Mon, 23 September 2002 02:05 Go to next message
swapnil
I want to know the steps for creating a exact copy of a database , while using existing datafiles of original database and using traced control file of original database.

Deatils ::

I have one database named " LIVEDB " with some 32 tablespaces and equal number of datafiles.

Now i want to create one more database named "TEST"
i want structrue of this new database should be the same as of the existing database "LIVEDB".
i.e i want exact copy of the original database.

I want to know what are hte steps which i should follow so that i can create this new database "TEST " in a short time and on the same server.

Only info avaliable with me was that you can do it with help of traced controlfile.

Please advice.
Re: Database creation : Creating exact copy of database [message #53475 is a reply to message #53462] Mon, 23 September 2002 10:36 Go to previous message
Gilson Sirvas
I recommend you run this sentence
alter database backup controlfile to trace;
after that you must made a cold backup, change the SID and put your new database in nomount state then you can recreate controlfiles using the trace generated before and you can change the database name and changing paths of the datafiles in this script .
Previous Topic: Re: URGENT - Grant DBA PRIVS TO USER
Next Topic: System slowdown: due to large number of records???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:35:09 CDT 2024