Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » db trigger and dblink
db trigger and dblink [message #53765] Thu, 10 October 2002 01:29 Go to next message
Bala
Hi
I am running into a problem while using dblink in a trigger.

I have two remote databases. My objective is to insert a record to the remote database table when a new record inserted/updated in the main server. I already have a trigger that update another table in the same database. I introduced another trigger in which used dblink that is created for the remote database.

When the trigger is enabled. (1) it block the data that is coming to the main server. and (2) no data inserted in the remote database table.

Is there any restriction of using dblink in a trigger ? how can I solve the problem.

TIA
Re: db trigger and dblink [message #54351 is a reply to message #53765] Tue, 12 November 2002 11:32 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
Not as I know. You can do distributed inserts as updates. There will be delay for inserting the data on the remote server of course, but should not block the data on the main server. Check your trigger code, or change it to fire after insert.

Of course, you cannot match the replication speed with DB triggers. The links, actual amount data sent and locking are streamlined with replication. Did you consider the replication for this table?

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: Localy manage Tablespace
Next Topic: ORA-28575
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:58:03 CDT 2024