Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How to get this information ???????
How to get this information ??????? [message #53789] Fri, 11 October 2002 00:05 Go to next message
JOHN
Hi,

We have an oracle8i enterprise installed on a sun server.

Now I want to create the same database on a new server with the same parameters.
I need to know this information, how can I find this information on my old Oracle8i ?

Is there any way to get this information from my oracle8i ?

I need information for:
- initial size for the tables and views.
- incrementell values for tables and views.

Can I see what parameters the "old" Oracle8i instance use for the information above?

Thansk for all your help.

John C.
Re: How to get this information ??????? [message #53802 is a reply to message #53789] Fri, 11 October 2002 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
John,

Views in Oracle are only logical snapshot of the data. They don't have physical storage parameters.

For the tables, you can run these queries:

SELECT tanle_name, initial_extent, next_extent, pct_increase
FROM dba_tables
WHERE owner = 'your_user';

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: How to get this information ??????? [message #53807 is a reply to message #53789] Fri, 11 October 2002 15:29 Go to previous message
andrew again
If you are running 8i, then it's recommended to change your tablespaces to "locally managed" and preferably using "uniform extent" sizes. If your tables vary by more than an order of magnitude, you can create tablespaces for Small, Medium and Large extents. When you create the tables and indexes - just redirect them to the appropraited TS and don't specify the storage parms (those are set up as defaults on your tablespaces). This makes management much easier.

If you export (rows=n) from your old database and then run the .dmp through import (show=y indexfile=my_ddl.sql) then you'll have all the ddl you want. If the ddl wraps in funny places - in Unix run:
strings my_export.dmp > my_txt_dump_to_get_the_ddl.sql
Previous Topic: binding a database instance to a certain port
Next Topic: WANTED Database Professionals
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:01:27 CDT 2024