Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » What s the mistake ? ?
What s the mistake ? ? [message #53918] Thu, 17 October 2002 10:41 Go to next message
SSV
hi all,
I have opened a database (Running in Noarchivelog mode).
I said alter database backup control file to c:xyz.ctl
next opened init.ora and added even this control file name there,,,and started the database..it has given error saying Open with resetlogs...when i tried with resetlogs...it said use backup control file...when i have used backup control file..it said system01.dbf needs media recovery.. i did not do any thing..i simple opened the init.ora and removed the newly added control file name.,..still the problem persists...

Please explain me what happened...and help me with a Query..
Thanks
ssv
Re: What s the mistake ? ? [message #53923 is a reply to message #53918] Thu, 17 October 2002 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Your control file got updated, with resetlogs command you gave. Your can restore the latest cold backup of this database, and start from there.

If you removed the new control file w/o the other steps your database would be in much better shape.

I doubt any SQL or PL/SQL query will help you - restore most probably.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: What s the mistake ? ? [message #53927 is a reply to message #53918] Fri, 18 October 2002 02:00 Go to previous message
B
Explain what U want to do .. and I explain what U did wrong ... Sure U can't use a backup control file to open a Noarchivelog database
Previous Topic: Monitor time for statement to execute
Next Topic: How to run a Script...need some ideas...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:52:45 CDT 2024