Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle Universal Installer exits when next button is pressed
Oracle Universal Installer exits when next button is pressed [message #54066] Mon, 28 October 2002 03:36 Go to next message
Bala
Hi all,

Well the problem I am getting is that when I click on the next button of the very first scrren of oracle installer, the installer terminates, and I am not able to proceed with the installation. Can anyone help.
The installer version is 1.7.0.18.0
The installer run fine from other pcs, but its giving this problem only on one server.
I am trying to install oracle Express server.

Thks in advance.

Bala.
Re: Oracle Universal Installer exits when next button is pressed [message #54074 is a reply to message #54066] Mon, 28 October 2002 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
hi,
First of all is it a p4 machine. ?

Also try installing from the Other Folder in the CD called as INSTALL / WIN32 /
Re: Oracle Universal Installer exits when next button is pressed [message #54082 is a reply to message #54066] Mon, 28 October 2002 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bala
Its a p4, I tried from the other setup in win 32 folder also, I also tried through the already installed universal installer. does installer require any registry entries. It happened after I removed some registry entries for express server.

bala.
Re: Oracle Universal Installer exits when next button is pressed [message #54129 is a reply to message #54082] Thu, 31 October 2002 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
Hello,
I am sorry for the late reply ... Well as u said its a P4..all u need to do is get the Dump of the CD in to Local machine... Search for all the Files with the name symcjit.dll and rename them to symcjit.old and then start the setup...Thats it...

sai
Re: Oracle Universal Installer exits when next button is pressed [message #54914 is a reply to message #54082] Sun, 15 December 2002 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moein
I am facing the same problem. Please let me know as to what has to be done. The problem is the set up screen appears and then whne i click on next nothing happens. I tried the cd on the other machines, there the Installer screen itself is differnt and it installs.
Awaiting yourt reply.

Cheers

Moein
Re: Oracle Universal Installer exits when next button is pressed [message #55112 is a reply to message #54082] Fri, 03 January 2003 12:02 Go to previous message
Rodrigo Coronado
Thanks a lot, sai, your advice worked for me.
Rodrigo
Previous Topic: temp tablespace
Next Topic: SHARED MEMORY REALM Error Message...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:42:51 CDT 2024