Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » installing personal oracle pls help
installing personal oracle pls help [message #54215] Tue, 05 November 2002 08:40 Go to next message
dheeraj sharma
Hi All.
I installed oracle personal edition 8i on my local pc that i use from home.the database is on the local pc itself.i can connect to the databse using scott/tiger with the connect string blank. i would like to connect like scott/tiger@bdev etc so that i can use toad and other development tools. now i have tried a lot of things for this including net config etc,changing tnsnames file etc.
sometimes i get protocol adapter error other times TNS no listener.
please guide me what i should do. my database name is oracle and sid is orcl.could someone send me the tnsname file that i should have .also if i need the listener how do i start it.
any help is highly appreciated.
thx
dheeraj
Re: installing personal oracle pls help [message #54216 is a reply to message #54215] Tue, 05 November 2002 09:05 Go to previous message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
Hi, All u need to do is go to command prompt , say LSNRCTL and give a command there START ...This will start the listener.. after that create an entry in TNSNAMES using the Net Config and continue from there.

sai
Previous Topic: Connection Timeout
Next Topic: Support for oracle 7.3.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:32:20 CDT 2024