Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How to plan for the setup ?
How to plan for the setup ? [message #54772] Wed, 04 December 2002 05:18 Go to next message
Athidi
Hi,
My product is expected to launch in the next month, we got a big client, its going to be installed in a server which is expected to have more than 50000 users connected , who will intturn contribute a lot of data to the database.. I dont believe in simply installing oracle and installing my product..
Please advice me regarding the performance measures and also about the scalability measures..
Please share u r Experiences / Views on this issue..

Athidi
Re: How to plan for the setup ? [message #54876 is a reply to message #54772] Wed, 11 December 2002 18:01 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
"Please advice me regarding the performance measures and also about the scalability measures"

You mean about your product or the hardware you already choose? Not so clear !!

For your product - LoadRunner is perfect to simulate whatever load you will be expecting. Set it up and see how your application scales. Easy like that.

The same applies to the hardware. You need load generator to measure the scalability and the performance. Tuning the Oracle parameters (db buffer cache, shared pool, sort area size, starting multiple DBWR; LGWR processes, increase QUEUESIZE parameter) all can help.

It's also worth looking into your disk array's setup - RAID level, Oracle datafiles layout.

With such spare details as "is expected to have more than 50000 users connected" - hard to give more recommendations.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: Snapshot options
Next Topic: sysman folder??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:42:48 CDT 2024