Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Installation error while installing 8.1.7.4 patch
Installation error while installing 8.1.7.4 patch [message #54827] Mon, 09 December 2002 03:11 Go to next message
Gautam
I am trying to install the patch 8.1.7.4 from 8.1.7.0. My $ORACLE_HOME shows the path /u00/app/oracle/product/8.1.7. I have created the instance and everthing is working fine. But to apply the patch, i have started the runInstaller, after the first screen, There is an option to look for the Installed Products, When I click that it shows nothing. If I try to select the products.jar from the patch, it gives the message

" There are no patches that need to be applied from the patch set Oracle8i Patchset 8.1.7.4.0.". I know this very well that, this is becuase prob'ly the installer is not able to recognise the oracle install products on my HP Server.

How do I kill this problem in installing the 8.1.7.4 patch. Can anybody help's me. Is there any other way I can install the 8.1.7.4 patch.

Thanks With Cheers
Gautam
Re: Installation error while installing 8.1.7.4 patch [message #54828 is a reply to message #54827] Mon, 09 December 2002 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
i believe, you have to select the UNIX.prd
Re: Installation error while installing 8.1.7.4 patch [message #54845 is a reply to message #54827] Mon, 09 December 2002 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Gautam,

Your problem is that you didn't use OUI to install 8.1.7.0.0 installation, or something is wrong with your Oracle Inventory.

Usually, when someone simple tar the Oracle installation on another machine and then move it to a new machine, the OUI has problems reading the inventory, since it's changing from machine to machine. One should always use the OUI, or has to do the same for the patch - install the patch on the machine from where he got the base installation, and then move the tar ball. Other than that, backup your data, remove your ORACLE_HOME, re-install the 8.1.7.0.0 and apply the patch, or patch to another machine and un-tar on this machine. Whichever way you like..

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: Installation error while installing 8.1.7.4 patch [message #54849 is a reply to message #54827] Mon, 09 December 2002 14:36 Go to previous message
Hugo
you can modify your oraInst.loc file and try and pointed to a new oraInventory dir and see if it lets you install. Navigate to the patch_dir/stage/products.jar from the installer.
If the oracle home has moved there is a file in $oracle_home/rdbms/lib/nmliblist that has the home hardcoded. You will have to modify the entry in this file.
Oracle Article-ID Note 1037893.6 in metalink
Previous Topic: Export utility of Oracle
Next Topic: Oracle Image Handling(Urgent)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:54:36 CDT 2024