Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » DB login problems, win2000 domain, terminal server
DB login problems, win2000 domain, terminal server [message #55211] Fri, 10 January 2003 15:41 Go to next message
Thomas Solvik
My server:
Win2000 server, Terminal Services started. The server is registered in my domain.
How I installed Oracle:
I disconnected my server from my LAN and connected it to my companys LAN in my office. My server was NOT registered in the company domain.
I logged in as local administrator.
I did NOT remember to set the server in "installation mode" as required by Win2000 Terminal Server (is this the solution?)
I installed Oracle 8.1.7 and created a database.
I tested the database both locally on the server and from another computer in my office with Oracle Client installed. All working fine.
I brought my server back home, connected it to my home LAN (back in its domain) and started it.
I could not log in to the database from an Oracle Client station (Win2000 prof logged in as domain admin., the listner answers when tnspinging the database server).
I logged in on the database server both as domain admin and as local admin. It was not possible to connect in either case.
I restarted the database server with the LAN cable disconnected. Now I was able to log in to the database with SQLPlus. I reconnected the LAN cable and once again logged in with SQLPlus on the database server - everything ok. I could however NOT log in from the Oracle Client station (tnsping works - the listner answers). I get protocol adapter errors when the database server boots up in the domain and timeouts on the Oracle Client station). Does anyone recognize this situation or has anyone any ideas on what I should try before I try to reinstall with the Terminal Server in installation mode?

Regards,

Thomas Solvik
Park Air Systems AS
Oslo
Norway
Re: DB login problems, win2000 domain, terminal server [message #55215 is a reply to message #55211] Fri, 10 January 2003 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
change ur tnsnames.ora entries.
change HOST=FULLYQUALIFIEDMACHINENAME to
       HOST=LOCALHOST

Re: DB login problems, win2000 domain, terminal server [message #55219 is a reply to message #55211] Sat, 11 January 2003 06:01 Go to previous message
Thomas Solvik
Thank you for your reply.
I am now able to log in with sqlplus user/pass@mysidname on the server.
(I commented out the SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) statement in sqlnet.ora file to achieve this.)
The only statement left in sqlnet.ora is
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)

I can still not connect from another computer in the LAN.

Regards,

Thomas
Previous Topic: Staring an Oracle Instance in 7.3
Next Topic: Oracle Service cann't start - WIN 2K Server - P3 - 8.1.6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:35:23 CDT 2024