Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle Report run slow and take 100% CPU
Oracle Report run slow and take 100% CPU [message #55395] Wed, 22 January 2003 10:15 Go to next message
tan tran
I have a database 8.1.6 and the front end developed on Oracle Forms and Reports. The application was implemented for couple years. Now, once a while, when users run report, it take forever and take 100% CPU. Everytime this happen, I issues command from SQL Plus ALTER TABLE .. MOVE TABLESPACE and ALTER INDEX... REBUILD on all objects in that schema. After that, the same report run in less than a minute. I need a solution to fix this problem permanence so that it will not happen again. I Check the fragmentation but the tablespace are not fragmented.
Anyone know what causing this problem, any lead would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Re: Oracle Report run slow and take 100% CPU [message #55397 is a reply to message #55395] Wed, 22 January 2003 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
alter index ... rebuild is supposed to be a scheduled maintainence operation.
indexes need to be reubuilt frequently so that, the pointers are updated and indexing serves its need.
so, when u run report, its faster with updated index.
in all my databases i have a job, that automatically rebuilds the indexes in the periodically-in-a-scheduled-timeframe (depending on the datdabase).
Re: Oracle Report run slow and take 100% CPU [message #55399 is a reply to message #55395] Wed, 22 January 2003 11:17 Go to previous message
tan tran
Rebuild the indexes by themself do not solve problem. I have to move all table to different tablespace and move back then rebuild indexes. If I just rebuild indexes, it do not solve this problem. I don't know the reason why!!! Thanks for your reply, howerver, I already did that and it was not a solution.
Previous Topic: Oracle connection problem
Next Topic: Create database error -01501
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:25:38 CDT 2024