Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » drive letter change caused ORA-1078
drive letter change caused ORA-1078 [message #55474] Mon, 27 January 2003 00:33 Go to next message
Tamer El Nashar
I recently merged i few of my hard disk drives together, which of course caused the drive letter names to change, so instead of my oracle being on h:Oracle...it became I:oracle, i ran partition magic drive mapper, which only fixed the problem relatively by fixing the shortcut refrences on the start menu, but still every time i start my database after checking security it still gives me cannot start database and the "ORA-1078" message...can this problem be fixed...im using win98 and oracle 8i personal edition????????
Re: drive letter change caused ORA-1078 [message #55481 is a reply to message #55474] Mon, 27 January 2003 06:07 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
this MAY lead to many issues.
right now, 1078 deals with INVALID SYSTEM PARAMETERS.
wiz, since the drive letters are changed,
the parameters that are path driven ( like archvie_log_dest) might need to changed.
LOOK for any parameter in initsid that is still refering to the old paths and update them.
anyhow, later you many even NEED TO RENAME THE DATAFIILES AND OTHER ORACLE PROPRIETARY FILES.
becuase the control file will still look for datafiles
somewhere in H:oracle....
Previous Topic: Oracle Installation Problems
Next Topic: ORA-00001: unique constraint violated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:25:38 CDT 2024