Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORA-01578 on RBS tablespace.
ORA-01578 on RBS tablespace. [message #57117] Wed, 21 May 2003 08:59 Go to next message
David Lester
Hi all,

I have the ORA-01578 error on a rollback tablespace. The database was brought down (it is all on a laptop) and there are no backups etc. We plan to swap out the laptop, but need to get the data out first. Any ideas?
I can't open the database (mount is OK) so how can I "fix" the rollback segments by using another tablespace to create some rbs, before dropping the offending tablespace.

Thanks,
David.
Re: ORA-01578 on RBS tablespace. [message #57119 is a reply to message #57117] Wed, 21 May 2003 09:13 Go to previous message
Mark Rahal
Okay, I'm going to be fuzzy with the details, cause I haven't gotten my hands dirty in the area of tricky recovery like that, but I know a possible high-level solution for you, one I've used in the past (when I *did* have my hands dirty in that area).

- Create an init file that points to some new rbs tablespace that as the same name as your corrupt one.

This should allow you to mount AND open the database.

- Get the data out and avoid any RBS-related commands.

This is kinda sketchy so far, so if you have any errors, repeat point above, then as soon as you get in, drop the "corrupt" RBS tablespace and create a new one. Now this instance has a healthy RBS tablespace.

Hope this helps,

-- Mark K.
Previous Topic: HASH-related parameters
Next Topic: How reduce System Tablespace?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:32:38 CDT 2024