Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Link to BI Dashboard (Apex 5.0.4.00.12, BI EE 12.2.1.1.0)
Link to BI Dashboard [message #676751] Fri, 12 July 2019 00:47 Go to next message
chrisdue
Hi,

I know it is possible to integrate BI Publisher reports into Apex, but is it also possible to add a link to a BI Dashboard in Apex Report?
If yes, is it possible to set the dashboard prompts?

Thanks for any hints & tipps,
chris
Re: Link to BI Dashboard [message #677242 is a reply to message #676751] Wed, 04 September 2019 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
osucowboy
I was wondering the same thing. Any help is appreciated!
Re: Link to BI Dashboard [message #677243 is a reply to message #677242] Thu, 05 September 2019 02:53 Go to previous message
John Watson
I am not skilled with APEX or BI, but I do configure such environments for use by developers.

It seems to me that there is no real integration between APEX and BI Pub. BI Pub includes a servlet that can accept data and return it as (for example) a PDF document, that is all. This is something that can be done with lower cost and more simplicity in other ways. No-one would licence BI just for printing APEX reports.

However, BI does come with a set of Web Services. These can certainly be invoked though an APEX application, and might give you the functionality you want. I can't advise further, but does that give you a starting point for research?

Previous Topic: Cascaded LOV auto populates the field
Next Topic: Missing Radio Buttons when upgrade from 4.2 to 5.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:15:43 CDT 2024