Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » When_validate_item and When_validate_record Not working (forms 6i)
When_validate_item and When_validate_record Not working [message #689894] Sat, 29 June 2024 13:06 Go to next message
mfahimaamirgmailcom
I am new to forms 6i development and I am attempting to establish a master and detail relationship using the Department and Employee tables. The relationship runs perfectly, but I am encountering an issue with displaying the employee address code from the employee table. I have created a new non-database text field called empaddress to display the full address with employee details. However, I need to retrieve the full address from another table named empaddress using the empadd_id code and empaddress as the column name. I have tried using both the when_validate_item and when_validate_record triggers to retrieve the full address through a query, but neither trigger is displaying the address. Can you please review my code and provide me with ideas on how to retrieve the full address in the non-database text field empaddress? Thank you.

see my code

if emp_id is not null then
select ampaddress into :employee.empaddress form empaddress where empadd_id=:employee.empadd_id;
end if;
Re: When_validate_item and When_validate_record Not working [message #689899 is a reply to message #689894] Mon, 01 July 2024 02:27 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As in your previous question: create POST-QUERY with the same code.
Previous Topic: When_validate_item trigger not working
Next Topic: Free software replacement for Oracle Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 16:39:41 CDT 2024