Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » developer2000/9i database problem
developer2000/9i database problem [message #59215] Tue, 04 November 2003 22:16 Go to next message
M. Khaled
I have oracle 9i dabase under linux platform.My frontend is developed under developer 2000.it was ok while we have oracle 7.3.4 database.But recently an error is occured during insert from client.The error message is like ON-LOCK TRIGGER RAISED.....how this could be resolved in this existing situation(using dev2000 frontend)
please help
Re: developer2000/9i database problem [message #59217 is a reply to message #59215] Tue, 04 November 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
- What version of Dev/2000 are you using?
- What is the exact message? Normally it would be something like: "ON-LOCK TRIGGER RAISED UNHANDLED EXCEPTION ORA-nnnnnn". What you could do is try to handle the error.
To get more info do the following:
1. Create an alert AL_ERROR (or use an existing alert).
2. In the code of the ON-LOCK trigger (you do know that bypasses the standard lock behaviour,right?) put the following:
Declare
  v_al_return Number;
  v_alert     Alert;
Begin
  _your_code_
Exception
  v_alert := Find_Alert('AL_ERROR');
  Set_Alert_Property(v_alert, Title,'ORA'||SQLCODE);
  Set_Alert_Property(v_alert, Alert_Message_Text,SQLERRM);
  v_al_return := show_alert(v_alert);
End;
This will show the error and it would sure be useful to post that exact message.

MHE
Re: developer2000/9i database problem [message #59245 is a reply to message #59217] Wed, 05 November 2003 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M. Khaled
The error is exackly as you told.I checked ON-LOCK TRIGEER in the database but couldot find any in sys or system user.

could you tell how the command history can be deleted in linux.

Thanks
Re: developer2000/9i database problem [message #59249 is a reply to message #59245] Thu, 06 November 2003 01:24 Go to previous message
Maaher
It is a FORMS trigger, not a database trigger. ON-LOCK is a transactional trigger in Oracle Forms that replaces the standard Forms locking behaviour. You should check the Forms source file (FMB, not the FMX) for an ON-LOCK trigger and add the alert and the code, so you get a clear error message. The exact ORA-message number would already help us out quite a lot.

MHE
Previous Topic: Oracle 8i Remanagement (URGENT)
Next Topic: Export - Abnormal Behaviour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:24:15 CDT 2024