Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » init.ora (manadatory parameters in init.ora file)
init.ora [message #273693] Thu, 11 October 2007 06:36 Go to next message
saharookiedba
hi ,
i have been asked to create a oracle database in UNIX platform.
i have gone through the sample init.ora file given in ORA_HOME/dbs ,there they have given all the parameters for init.ora. some of them are not useful for my requirements, therefore it would helpful for me if i get to know which are the mandatory parameters that have to be in init[SID].ora file for an instance to start..

Thank you
Re: init.ora [message #273700 is a reply to message #273693] Thu, 11 October 2007 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
None but db_name in 10g.

Regards
Michel
Re: init.ora [message #273701 is a reply to message #273700] Thu, 11 October 2007 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saharookiedba
thank you Michel,

i am using Oracle 9i, so is there any difference in the way we decide on the number of parameters in init[SID].ora file between the two versions.
Re: init.ora [message #273707 is a reply to message #273701] Thu, 11 October 2007 08:04 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Let me state it more clearly.
You have to set all parameters that are necessary in order to your database/instance to work finely.
Mandatory or not is not important.

No, I can't give the list of parameters that are necessary, this depends on your hardware, your application, your workload...
This is wht there are so many parameters and almost all of them have default static or calculated value.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Does a select statment hold a lock on the table?
Next Topic: Trace database operations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:18:04 CDT 2024